----- On 24 Jul, 2015, at 7:25 AM, Otto Kekäläinen o...@seravo.fi wrote:

> Hello!

> [..]
>> As for MariaDB-server in Travis-CI? we'll see if the bug committing fairies
>> decide https://github.com/MariaDB/server/pull/84 is useful.
>

> Thanks Daniel for working on Travis-CI. I love how all pull requests
> at Galera have a green or red icon next to them based on if they pass
> Travis-CI tests or not: https://github.com/codership/galera/pulls
> (https://travis-ci.org/codership/galera/pull_requests)

Codership are also quite good at ignoring improvements that they know how to
work around https://github.com/codership/galera/pull/109 .

> It would be nice to have a similar setup in the MariaDB github repos.
>
> Have you filed an Jira issue for
> https://github.com/MariaDB/server/pull/84?

Its on MDEV-6262 as Coverity has a good integration with travis-ci.

> Jira is the primary tool
> for issues, and Github issues might not get the attention they deserve
> unless there is a MDEV for them.

Most pull requests there still have a MDEV and aren't getting attention.

I did add MDEV-8531 yesterday which from the quick look though the video will
create a MDEV for a PR which is one
part of the workflow solved.

> PS. Have you installed Travis-CI in any of the branches in your own
> repo https://github.com/openquery/mariadb-server ?

https://travis-ci.org/openquery/mariadb-server/branches

main problem is there is too much warning output on clang compiles - mainly
from a couple of locations. Apart from that
and working within compile time /test limits (50 mins) should be easy to merge
between branches

OSX builds are also possible. I've just no idea about them or the travis-ci
integration to add them to the suite.

Daniel Black, Engineer @ Open Query (http://openquery.com.au)
Remote expertise & maintenance for MySQL/MariaDB server environments.