On Oct 9, 2006, at 7:32 PM, Michel Fortin wrote:

Le 9 oct. 2006 à 18:50, John Gruber a écrit :

If you're going to go to six characters for ".mdtext", then why
not go to eight characters and use ".markdown"? That's what I
would use.

Because ".mdtext" better conveys that the document is primarily in text format, it should be less intimidating to open for someone who does not know what "md" or "markdown" stands for. The extension is in itself an invitation to open the file in a text editor, which is probably what you'd want a user to do if he found a Markdown document somewhere.

I would not have thought of this, but it is a reasonable argument.

I cast my vote in the "I don't really care that much what it is, but would love to have a consensus" camp...

F-

--
Fletcher T. Penney
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Modern society without organized religion would be like a crazed maniac without a chainsaw.