Le 2008-03-02 à 19:49, Aristotle Pagaltzis a écrit :

This is actually my second biggest complaint with Markdown. As I
understand, John was originally going to allow numbered lists to
start at numbers other than 1, but then discovered that the HTML4
WG labelled the `start` attribute of lists deprecated, so he
removed this feature.

I find the WG’s decision utterly baffling and wrong-headed. *How
on Earth* is that information presentational?!

I agree with your sentiment. We mustn't be the only ones thinking that: the start attribute is coming back in HTML5: <http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/section-grouping.html#the-ol >

So while I don’t disagree with the basic desire to output valid
HTML, I think John’s decision in this one case was mistaken. IMO,
in this one case Markdown should do what is sensible, validation
be damned.

I agree with you.

Michel Fortin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]