On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Aristotle Pagaltzis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [Note to markdown-discuss readers: for context see
> <http://lists.canonical.org/pipermail/kragen-hacks/2008-June/000488.html>]
>
> * Kragen Javier Sitaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-06-07 09:40]:
>> Stylesheeting comes naturally. I just put a `<style>` element
>> at the top with a few lines inside of it to format nicely.
>
> Note that Markdown ends up wrapping `<link>` and `<style>`
> in `<p>` tags, arguably erroneously. Weirdly, it looks like
> Python-Markdown should avoid that mistake:

Well, first of all, he's using an old version of Python-Markdown. The
first line of his `render` function gives it away (due to the change
in 1.7 to all-unicode -- you generally don't pass unicode text to
str())

        body = str(markdown.Markdown(text))

Just use the wrapper (all lowercase in any version):

        body = markdown.markdown(text)

IIRC, there was a bugfix in 1.7 that also addressed the raw html
wrapped in <p> tags thing. So, upgrade to 1.7 and that problem should
go away.

--
----
Waylan Limberg