Hello.

Not having tried to use MultiMarkdown for comments, but knowing that they work
for including
raw latex, I can't see why they shouldn't work for html as comments.

I ran this test:

---- MMD document:
## comment test html
<!-- Man I really need some deep thoughts about this -->
To comment or not comment is a question about reflection.

-- Resulting html:
<h2 id="commenttesthtml">comment test html</h2>

<!-- Man I really need some deep thoughts about this -->

hth

Tommy

Den 5. mai 2011 kl. 03.03 skrev bucephalus org:

> Hi there!
>
> (1.)
>
> It may sound awkward, but I would like to use comments in Markdown texts.
> According to the rule that proper HTML works as HTML, I should be able to
> use
>
>    <!--  blablabla -->
>
> But the converters I use do strange things with comments. Is there an
> official rule about that?
>

> (2.)
>
> I wonder if there is a recommended standard file extension for Markdown
> source files.
> For my own files I always use `.markdown`.
> But other important sources seem to prefer `.text`.
>
> Do you have an opinion on that, or is there even a standard?

Best regards

Tommy Bollman