fletcher said:
>    For any consensus to come about,
>    I think we need to agree on the
>    fundamental purpose and philosophy of
>    the consensus we claim to be interested in.

it would be nice.

>    Otherwise many of these discussions will
>    continue to occur without much hope of
>    moving forward to any actual outcome/resolution.

yep.

>    it's just a bunch of us sitting around
>    explaining why we each think
>    our own dog food is the best.

uh-huh.   and what's really ironic is that you're
not even polling the general-public dogs you
hope will eat the food that you're putting out...

y'all seem to believe that they'll eat _anything_.

>    But in the meantime, MMD will continue to
>    march forward

great to hear it!

>    a Mac OS X text editor with built-in MMD
>   syntax highlighting, exporting, and editing
>    that I hope to release in the next month or two

wha...   "the next month or two"?   what's the hold-up?

>    and I hope to put together a proof of concept
>    native MMD parser for iOS (built using the same code
>    as the desktop version) if no one else out there
>    beats me to it (which would be a welcome turn of events!)

i don't understand why a parser has to be so hard...

-bowerbird