On Sep 19, 2011, at 4:02 PM, Rob McBroom <mailingli...@skurfer.com> wrote:

> Those sound like reasons for the metadata to *identify* the abstract, but I
> see no requirement that it must be literally *stored* there. If the metadata
> contained something like
>
>    abstract: relative/path/to/abstract.mdown
>
> That would allow for all of the above scenarios while keeping the metadata
> syntax/section simple.

But that makes the document far less portable, and I'm liable to lose the extra
file at some point. I'd much rather have it be self-contained---not, of course,
if that means that the document suddenly becomes weirdly ugly and complicated,
but I don't see anyone proposing a solution that makes documents weird and ugly
and complicated.

David