1. You can always take the result and process the DOM. E.g., use something like
Nokogiri / hpricot to convert <h1>, <h2> nodes (etc) to <p> or even

2. You can simply use CSS to limit the size of text in the comment fields

3. Please note that you must sanitize Markdown input (or disable the raw HTML
feature) if you will be accepting user-generated Markdown, for security
reasons. There is a common set of XSS inputs to test against.

On Aug 12, 2012, at 10:03 AM, Tony <ableton...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey!
>
> Is it possible to disable stuff such as headings? I want to use Markdown for
> my forum but I don't want to allow headings as I believe some users will
> exploit them to gain more attention. Have anybody been in a similar situation
> before? Let me know what you did. Thanks.
>
> Tony

Alan Hogan
Sent via virtual pigeon