I don't know about the {#id} part, but MultiMarkdown recognizes that syntax for
definition lists.

Out of curiosity, do I understand correctly that

term
: definition

is already in common usage when people write plain text?  I was not aware of
that, so if so, I may start adopting it in my own emails etc.

--Andy