On 7/14/06, Eugenia Loli-Queru <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
(original message included below)

> >you're also using a trademark without proper authorization!
>
> I don't know what "proper authorization" would be (you mean, in writing?).

i guess so, i'm not a lawyer thank god  :P

> but the Gnome Board HAS discussed the Gnomefiles situation last year. This
> is the email I received some time ago from a Gnome member ...

if the board is cool with the site, i guess you're ok.  but i just
meant you *could* potentially not be ok, if the board changed its
mind.

my point was: please realize you're using a trademark, so you can't
just post whatever you feel like in the name of that trademark,
without expecting any kind of control/authorization from the trademark
holder.

and please don't take this like a personal attack towards gnomefiles,
or anything like that: i really like the site and i use it
frequently... but you still have to understand that gnome is not your
trademark.

> ... So no, I am not
> willing to remove non-Free apps from the listing.

and i didn't ask you to (nor could or would i do such thing).  i just
said that it wasn't just your call but also the gnome foundation's, at
least if you wanted to keep using the gnome trademark.

> >> GnomeFiles.org is a GTK software repository.
> > why not calling it gtkfiles.org then??
>
> Marketing. Users don't generally know what GTK really is.

sounds like a good reason.  but please understand that your decision
of using a trademark puts your website (at least indirectly) under the
control of the gnome foundation.

greetings,

--
Santiago Roza