Hi Claus,

Op di, 05-09-2006 te 01:23 +0200, schreef Claus Schwarm:

> No mentioning of Firefox. Maybe we can use the following line in the
> release notes?
>
>  "You can now check the spelling of the text entered in the Epiphany web
> browser, when it is built with a Firefox 2.0 (or equivalent)
> back-end."

Or "Epiphany now uses the latest technology from Mozilla.org to let you
check the spelling of text entered in the web browser. The spell checker
needs a Firefox 2.0 (or equivalent) back-end to work."

Sounds better? I don't think we should be getting any deeper into
technical details...

> Btw, Epiphany is mentioned a second time in the backends section as one
> of the GNOME applications that switched to the new printing dialog.

Right, I hadn't noticed that.

> I know I won't make friends with the next sentence but honestly: I see
> no reason to give Epiphany more space in the release notes *this
> time*. :-(

Well, I can see how it's reasonable to allocate more space to components
with more visible new features. It's just that web publishing space is
cheap :) However the release notes should not be so long that people
give up reading half way. Do you think that would be the case?

> important. Since I have problems to understand the first item in
> your release notes, I'm only good enought to represent an outsider
> point of view.

OK, so maybe that part needs rephrasing too. What it means is that, in
contrast to previous versions, the back-button-history is preserved in a
new tab or window when you open it from a link on some webpage. Say that
you've visited sites A, B and C and are now viewing site X. Site X
contains a link to site Y but you decide you'd rather view site Y in a
different tab. You could copy the Y address to the clipboard, paste it
in the address bar and press Ctrl+enter to have it open in a new tab
(this functionality was polished in 2.16 too, by the way). Then the
history under the Back button for site Y is empty. But you could also
right click the link to Y and select 'Open in new tab'. Then sites A, B
and C will now be available in the back-history of site Y as well as
site X.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen