Thanks for the link to the statistics.

I've heard people talk about a new website. What's the current status? Who's
working on it?

Here's just a few quick things that I see looking at the stats:

   - Interestingly, http://gnome.org/about is in the top 10 entry pages.
   That's rather unusual, I would think. Unfortunately it doesn't actually say
   what GNOME is. We should probably revamp that web page with a screen shot, a
   better high level description with a link to projects and then the values
   that are currently there.
   - Our home page, http://gnome.org is the number one entry page, but the
   picture eats up half the page. If I'm not there to learn about the latest
   release, I might leave before I find out what I'm looking for.
   - A logo image is our 2nd most common exit page,
   http://www.gnome.org/img/logo/text-64. That's rather interesting. I'd
   like to know what links to that image. (A quick google search didn't show up
   anything, so we'll need to dig further.)
   - A lot of the most popular pages appear to be project pages, but if you
   look at the referrers, those projects are referring people there. Also a lot
   of the search terms are project terms.

Stormy

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 3:39 AM, Olav Vitters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 03:58:14AM -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > Anyone else noticed that we've been consistently losing traffic over the
> past
> > year:
> >
> >   http://www.gnome.org/stats/
> >
> > What makes me worry more is that there doesn't seem to be any bumps
> around the
> > March release either.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> * The release notes are on library.gnome.org and I think we mostly
>  shared that link
> * I don't find www.gnome.org interesting at all
> * The replacement www.gnome.org is not there..
>
> --