Hi Marketing folks,

We're launching the New Friends of GNOME page and we need a couple of
sentences for gnome.org and a small paragraph to go out in an email to
press.

Why is it cool?
- GNOME is supported by volunteers with time and money
- We get a lot of unsolicited donations
- We want to make sure they are recognized and make it easy
- Introducing "micro-payments", small, monthly donations via credit card or
paypal. (Not sure $10/month qualifies as "micro"!)

Sentences for front page of gnome.org:

> New Friends of GNOME program launched! A big thanks to all our supporters
> for their love over 2008 - here's to GNOME's success creating free and open
> source software for all! Come support free software in 2009 with our new
> $10/month program ... and a postcard from your favorite hacker!

Paragraph for email:

> We are excited to tell you that today we launch our new Friends of GNOME
> program. Now supporters can sign up to help the GNOME Foundation with
> recurring $10/month donations.
>
> Friends of GNOME is a way for individuals to support the GNOME project's
> mission of providing a free and open source desktop for everyone regardless
> of ability. With no advertising or outreach, we've raised anywhere from
> $6,000 to $20,000 a year from generous individuals.That money has
> contributed to the funds for hackfests, local events and programs which in
> turn have enabled the GNOME project to create an internationalized,
> accessible and easy to use desktop software for both traditional desktops
> and for mobile devices.

> People have requested an easier, more consistent way to donate and we hope
> our $10/month program will fill that need. We will use the additional funds
> raised to continue to support our volunteer community in accomplishing our
> mission of a free and open source desktop for everyone regardless of
> abilities.
>
> The GNOME project depends on volunteer support from corporations and
> individuals. Support of both time and money. Please consider signing up for
> Friends of GNOME today! http://www.gnome.org/friends.

Thoughts welcome! We'll be launching later today.

Thanks,

Stormy