> Something completely different might be better again... we don't have a
> huge amount of brand equity worldwide for GNOME, perhaps it's time to
> consider a rename? Although I can live with GNOME...

Our brand recognition seems to be mostly within the FOSS group.  People
really don't know GNOME they know Ubuntu/Fedora/SuSE etc but they don't
really know the software that runs their desktop.  There is no recognizable
branding in any of those desktops.

Even in gnome-shell I don't know that I'm using GNOME.  Our brand is
non-existent in the shell.  No icon, no wording, nothing.

Changing GNOME's name now could prove distracting but also IMHO ineffective
as long as our branding is hidden behind distros.

sri