--- El lun, 15/11/10, Pockey Lam <pockey...@gnome.org> escribió:

De: Pockey Lam <pockey...@gnome.org>
Asunto: Re: GNOME 3.0 official logo and banners
Para: marketing-list@gnome.org
Fecha: lunes, 15 de noviembre, 2010 10:11

    On 11/15/2010 04:45 PM, Juanjo Marín wrote:

              There are some requests
in http://live.gnome.org/GnomeArt/ArtRequests/ but
                they are maked as "open".

              There are some suggestions for this material
                though, http://live.gnome.org/GnomeArt/ArtRequests/GNOME3Logo
              but it isn't definitive at all.

    Thanks for pointing out those useful info to me!

    There are indeed a lot of good ideas already. To match with GNOME
    3.0, I like Campaign #1
    http://live.gnome.org/GnomeThreeBrainstorming/MarketingCampaign1
    (Campaign: Fundamentally Different)

    and this logo

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeArt/ArtRequests/GNOME3Logo?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=Gnome3Logo.png

              I guess the marketing team should approach the art
                team for get this done :)
              We can discuss a little bit about the message we want
                on this banners. What the team think ?

    As we have been starting to talk to different communities all over
    the world to promote GNOME 3.0 and ask them to host a launch party
    locally, yeah, let's discuss now so we can give them logos and
    banners to post at their websites and link back to our gnome 3.0
    page.

    Besides, I searched facebook page and there is no gnome 3.0 group
    yet but found a 1 member group named I hate GNOME 3.0 we need a new
    desktop environment for linux , so I just started one:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_141747095876340&ap=1

    (I am not really a fans of facebook but we cannot ignore social
    network power for marketing...)

I wonder if makes sense to create some banners with screenshots of gnome-shell.
Ubuntu has this kind of banners for Unity.
http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=7235424%40N02&q=unity+banners&m=text
We should start the competion at marketing level ;)
Cheers,
   -- Juanjo Marin
PS: I CC this message to the art team list