I agree with Dave Neary's points. I also think showing that you are going to
follow up and record the information might encourage people to take your
request seriously. Maybe create the wiki page beforehand and populate it
with all the information you have?

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Andre Klapper <ak...@gmx.net> wrote:

> This assumes that the GUG has a leader, however I have the feeling that
> some GUGs listed are just mailing lists without a defined "internal
> hierarchy"?

Maybe one piece of information is how many people are signed up on the
mailing list and how active it is, i.e. how many mails/month? The sys admin
team can probably help gather any information that's not public (like number
of people on the list).

Stormy