On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 8:45 AM, Bastien Nocera <had...@hadess.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 18:53 +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > > I'd be happy to do so. What exactly do you expect me to write here?
> I'll
> > > be making the choice of bidder public as soon as they've contacted me
> > > back.
> >
> > Perhaps just that? "We selected the successful candidate for the Maemo &
> > GNOME maintenance work and there will be an announcement soon. They will
> > be doing X, Y and Z over the next few months, and input, guidance and
> > patches from community members interested are welcome"
>
> "
> The GNOME Foundation Board selected Igalia as providers for the GTK
> +/MeeGo handset integration work. Carlos GarcĂ­a Campos and Claudio
> Saavedra will be working from 31st January on integrating GTK+ upstream
> as a viable toolkit for use on the MeeGo Handset platform. The full
> announcement is available on the GNOME Foundation blog
> <
> http://blogs.gnome.org/foundation/2011/01/17/gtk-meego-handset-bidders-selected/
> >
> "
>
> Good?

Out of curiosity, will Meego do a joint announcement as well?

To keep this focused:

"For immediate release, the GNOME Foundation has selected Igalia to
integrate the GTK+ toolkit as part of the MeeGo handset platform.  Carlos
Garcia Campos and Claudio Saavedra will lead the effort starting the 31st of
January to make GTK+ a viable toolkit for use in the MeeGo Handset
platform.  The full announcement is available on GNOME Foundation blog <
http://blogs.gnome.org/foundation/2011/01/17/gtk-meego-handset-bidders-selected/
>"

I'm hoping that when people scan the press release they see in order "Igalia
integrate GTK+ MeeGo Handset Platform".

sri