2011/9/22 J. Félix Ontañón <fonta...@emergya.es>

> El 21 de septiembre de 2011 12:23, Luc Pionchon
> <pionchon....@gmail.com>escribió:
>
> 2011/9/9 J. Félix Ontañón <fonta...@emergya.es>

>>> thing!)
>>> way
>>> and

>>> and to
>>>
>>> Of course, I think this is a starting point for a marketing plan: to
>>> define goals clearly so the achievement of them would lead to
>>> "success".
>>> What i've found related with gnome-marketing goals are spread between
>>> the key activities[1] and the target markets[2], being the key
>>> activities something like goals and the target markets as the "place"
>>> to apply the activities, result of the segmentation study[3],  in the
>>> quest for the success,
>>>
>>> [1] https://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/#Key_activities
>>> [2] https://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/TargetMarkets
>>>

>> you forgot your [3] reference ;)
>>

> Sorry[3] ... It's also a draft from 2008
>
> [3] https://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/MarketSegmentation

it seems that most of GNOME marketing needs more love. Maybe going through
the material and clarify what is up-to-date or obsolete would be a good
starting point?

 Note: when browsing through live.gnome.org, you have to keep in mind that
>> some of its content may be several year old and forgotten by most people.
>> Check the page info. It's important also to get in touch with people
>> currently involved. And updating the pages accordingly would be fantastic.
>>

> Got it.
>

>>>  > Could you point us at a few communities that you feel most relevant?
>>>
>>> The point is that I started with some big and consolidated communities
>>> as GNOME, Ubuntu and OKFN and I found nothing.
>>>

>> It might be worth to keep investigating around. Just out of my mind you
>> may want to check out mozilla (and maybe wikipedia). Also the projects
>> backed up by companies, like ubuntu/canonical for example, though I do not
>> know how they would be open with their marketing methods.

>>> Wow! it would be amazing. I'm not a real expert in market research but
>>> i've some ideas about it and about digital strategy.
>>> Do you really think it worths the effort?
>>>

>> There are only a few GNOME people who are real experts in what they do for
>> the project (at least when they got started). The others use willingness and
>> collaboration.This is the strength of the GNOME community.
>>

> I don't doubt it, i'm on the willingness side :)
>

>> Just go ahead! You must find your way and when you end up with valuable
>> marketing techniques, you will certainly draw a lot of interest and support
>> from the community.
>>

> I'm willing to put some letters together as soon as posible.
> Is a good practice to start a wiki page on live.gnome.org? I've access
> there:
> https://live.gnome.org/FelixOntanon

I think live.gnome.org is a good place to get started

I'll be watching with interest

Go ahead!