On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 2:49 AM, Allan Day <allanp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 2:24 AM, Sriram Ramkrishna <s...@ramkrishna.me>
> wrote:
> > It seems that our GNOME channel is languishing.  For the life of me I
> cannot
> > figure out how to mark videos as part of the GNOME channel.  We have
> several
> > 3.0 related videos that I would like to see tagged.
>
> Which videos do you want to tag? I'm generally of the view that we
> should limit ourselves to pushing high quality videos.

At the moment, I just want our 3.0 videos that we did.  I don't have any
other ones at the moment.

As for quality I'm not sure.  I think it depends on what the channel wants
to be used for.  The original idea behind the channel was to have a place
for people to get videos on how to use GNOME effectively, to highlight
features, learn how to use our popular applications.

I agree a certain standard needs to met, but it shouldn't be so onerous
that we get nothing.  Probably something we have to play by ear.

> > Secondly, I've thought of some web ads that would be kind of cool that
> would
> > kind of push apps like Pritvi.  For instance:
> >
> > Cost of your operating system  - 0
> > Cost of your video program - 0
> > Cost of making this ad - 0
> > 0 + 0 + 0 + your creativity = your creativity, your enthusiasm.
> >
> > Unleash your creativity with GNOME
>
> I like the concept. :)

Yeah, I think it'll be good.  It's too late to do this stuff  for 3.4, but
3.6 should be fair game.

sri