Hi guys,

I wrote two articles for the Annual Report, one about the User Observation Hackfest and another about the A Coruña UX Hackfest. I tried to keep them short, since we have a lot of Hackfests to write about. Both pieces are here: https://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/AnnualReport/AnnualReport2012/Hackfests.

Could anyone take a look at them, please? Just wanted to make sure I'm at the right direction here, before I go ahead and write some more :)

~Fabiana

On 02/14/2013 05:53 PM, Daniel Galleguillos C. wrote:
Hi karen.

2013/2/14 Karen Sandler <ka...@gnome.org <mailto:ka...@gnome.org>>

    On Wed, February 13, 2013 10:50 pm, Daniel Galleguillos C. wrote:
    > Hi all folks.
    > I've have been working in a update for the Annual report and
    here's the
    > PDF
    > Sketch, the update are in Scribus so we are ready to add text and
    > Pictures.
    >
    > https://live.gnome.org/DanielGalleguillos/GNOME_Mockups
    >
    > There is some place were I can get some pictures? a Flickr with
    CC License
    > would be good.
    >
    > I'm worry because we need to add text and pictures and we are
    almost in
    > the
    > deadline.
    >> Feb 1st - Feb 15th - Design begins, writing finalized.

    Hey Daniel! Actually, we pushed the deadline a little later, so
    that one
    is March 5:

I'll start to work with this info. :)

https://live.gnome.org/action/edit/GnomeMarketing/AnnualReport/AnnualReport2012

    That said, no time like the present to get moving on this stuff!

    Maybe everyone could add links to content on that wiki page? It's
    a really
    easy way to contribute in a small way. I went ahead and linked
    some easy
    ones, like the GUADEC photo pool. But there's a lot of great stuff
    there.
    Whoever takes on the article will appreciate having the links already
    there...

Thanks, and the idea is show the advance every week.

    karen

    > Cheers!!
    >
    > 2012/12/4 Karen Sandler <ka...@gnome.org <mailto:ka...@gnome.org>>

    >> > We also need a deadline, and such a deadline everyone need to be
    >> > committed to.
    >> > I've asked Karen to lead the coordination in order to avoid the
    >> > trainwreck we had for 2010-2011 (and them becoming a
    bi-annual report
    >> > instead of a annual report)
    >> > I propose March 3rd of 2013 as when we need to be done.
    >>
    >> I would propose March 22, as that's one week after our report
    needs to
    >> be
    >> filed with the IRS, and that way we can incorporate any of the
    changes
    >> that our accountants make (no matter how early you try to get
    them to
    >> work
    >> on this, they never seem to finish until the deadline).
    >>
    >> > Today - Holidays - we need to get the Fog campaign out. So
    any work
    >> > during this period is out of the question.
    >> > Jan 5th - Feb 1st - Content needs to be set in stone,
    collecting donor
    >> > data and financial numbers, initial writing happens. Length of
    >> articles
    >>
    >> We've already collected the donor data! :)
    >>
    >> > decided.
    >> > Feb 1st - Feb 15th - Design begins, writing finalized
    >> > Feb 16th - Feb 26 - Writing proof reading and fixing, design
    >> finalized.
    >> > Feb 26th - Mar 3rd - Proof reading of finished design pdf.
    Fixing.
    >> > Publishing.
    >> > (Note that February only have 28 days!)
    >>
    >> These deadlines sound great, though! We can take the extra time
    to pad
    >> the
    >> proof reading and fixing.
    >>
    >> Thanks for setting this out, Andreas.
    >>
    >> karen
    >>

    >> > If anyone thinks that is impossible, speak up now.
    >> > - Andreas
    >> > --

Daniel