Hi!

I see some issues with the type of the preliminary logo. The combination
of the top of the 2nd f and the dot of the i is a little unfortunate.
The b and r might work for body text, but not here. Setting Libre in
bold only emphasizes the unfortunate proportion of the 2 words (close
to, but not quite the same width).

I don’t get the "The Document Foundation" tag-line. Usually you put
something there that further describes the thing in question. Would have
to be "By the Document Foundation", then, but that’s not hot, either.

http://thorwil.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/libreoffice_logo-type_set_01.png

The current logo on top, followed by the name set in the same type
(Vegur), without bold. My drafts below the line. I just had to play with
the ffi ligature, but the connected-dot variant requires a thinning of
the stroke that would be the wrong style if applied elsewhere.

Of course I thought a bit about the desired characteristics of the type,
what it should express, ideally. LibreOffice is a very sophisticated
piece of software and project. Suitable for use in business. There has
to be a sense of reliability, precision, performance. It’s an open
project, welcoming contributors, so I looked for wide and round shapes.
The design should be contemporary (to not say modern), but not trendy
(as in short-lived).

(http://thorwil.wordpress.com/2010/11/13/libreoffice-logo/)

--
Thorsten Wilms