apart from the Official, Formal Button we need some cool stuff for the
community
for example; http://www.spreadfirefox.com/affiliates#getbuttons

we can publish a javascript to the community before LibreOffice 3.3 final
release if we finalized a download button.

we could do the count down for the release using the same :)

for example: Fedora
http://fedoraproject.org/static/js/release-counter-ext.js?lang=en

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Bernhard Dippold <
bernh...@familie-dippold.at> wrote:

> Hi Drew,
>
> I move the mail to the design list ;-)
>
> drew schrieb:
>
>  Hi,
>>
>> Thought there would be a need for a few basic web button style images so
>> I put a few together.
>>

> We definitely need some - thanks for the work!
>

>> http://oucv.org/libreoffice/images/buttons.html
>>
>> I'll go ahead and do this each day for the next couple of days, moving
>> down the list of images in current svg file from the wiki and update
>> that page as I go.
>>

> I think we should try to create and promote a consistent set of web
> buttons, that follow our initial branding [1].
>
> Perhaps it would be worthwhile to try the "contemporary logo" for web
> buttons, as the improved shading might fit with the 3D effect of the
> buttons...
>
> As I'm still working on the mimetype icons, I can't contribute to this task
> (including web banners too, by the way) at the moment.
>
> But this task is one of the most necessary in design to help spreading the
> word about LibreOffice over the web.
>

>> If anyone sees one they think worth keeping feel free to move it to the
>> wiki, or poke me to do so - otherwise I'll just update this page as I
>> go.
>>

> I don't know if some of the buttons shouldn't be replaced.
>
> Some look quite pixelated (might be optimized for clearer borders), others
> (like libo_tdf_enh_bvl-276x65.png) don't follow the branding guidelines, as
> "The Document Foundation" is part of the logo and shouldn't be modified
> either.
>
> Best regards
>
> Bernhard
>
> PS: If you want to, please move them to the wiki (and link them from the
> branding/ideas page [2]) together with their SVG sources, so we can take
> them as basis for our official button set.
>
> [1]: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding
> [2]: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding/Ideas
>

> --

Danishka Navin