Hi Drew, David, *

Am 31.12.2010 01:06, schrieb drew:

> Perhaps this would be a good point, for David's benefit, if you could
> tell him a bit about the LibreOfficeBox project, how it functions and
> it's relationship with the broader LibreOffice community.

I am hardly involved in the LibreOfficeBox project. So, I may not be
the right one to tell about it. However, here is what I beleive to
know about it:

It´s idea evolved from the PrOOoBox, a CD/DVD distribution project,
driven by members of the germanophone OOo subproject.

http://www.prooo-box.org/

There were CDs or DVDs or memory sticks, optionally packed in a nice
box and bundled with a brochure/manual.

Look: //www.ooodev.org/fanartikel.html

The disks contained the installers (for different or all platforms),
language packs, source code, lots of documentation, art work,
templates and so on. The discs have a website-like user interface.
You can see a mirror of this interface in the web:

http://live.prooo-box.org/de/

Have a look at the LibreOfficeBox Homepage
http://www.libreofficebox.org/ which pretty much represents the user
interface of the upcoming LibreOfficeBox DVDs.

You can download an early developer snapshot of the
LibreOfficeBox-ISO here:
http://torrent.projects.ooodev.org:6969/index.html?search=DVD

Stefan