On Sat, 2011-01-01 at 22:26 +0100, Stefan Weigel wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Am 01.01.2011 17:05, schrieb Tom Davies:
>
> > "Our" goal should NOT be improving the product!  "Our" goal should be to
> > market
> > the product effectively however bad it might be!
>
> -1
>
> Thank god, we do have a good product (although still to be
> improved). I would absolutely oppose praising a bad product!
>
> > This list is also NOT the place to start discussing whether or not a larger
> > market share is a good thing.  Our single job in this list is to work at
> > increasing market share.
>
> -1

Hi Stefan,

Actually I read your earlier email on this question, this morning, over
coffee. It is a really great question and has a number of facets to it.

I've thought about it most of the day, on and off, while I worked on I
planned to have been doing today - making another small marketing style
video for the project and the product.

I'm not going to try to address your question in this email - but I will
try to express my thoughts on it tomorrow in a blog - first one of the
year.

I hope you find this small video reasonable. It is, admittedly, targeted
to the US, but then that is where I is, as we say.

http://www.youtube.com/libreofficevols

or you can download a HD OGV file here:

http://oucv.org/libreoffice/buzz/happy_new_year_LibreOffice.ogv.tar.gz

> important mission for marketing is to recruit contributors.

+1

Happy New Year

Drew