On 05/08/2011 02:44 AM, Jean Hollis Weber wrote:

I'd like to use an abbreviation in the URL for the Documentation Team's
blog. The blog's *title* would be something like "LibreOffice
Documentation Team blog" but the URL might be something like
"LibO-Docs.wordpress.com". If this is a problem, then spelling it out as
"LibreOffice-Documentation.wordpress.com" or
"LibreOffice-Docs.wordpress.com" would work too. I prefer shorter URLs,
but since most people get to blogs by clicking a link, not typing in the
URL, I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Libo used in URLs is fine, so libo-docs is absolutely fine.

In documentation, on the wiki, and in other promotional items, I always
spell out "LibreOffice" in full, for exactly the reason you mention.
Except when I forget... ;-)

We all forget branding guidelines from time to time, so I don't see this as a real problem. It is important to focus on LibreOffice until the brand has been established and consolidated.

--
Italo Vignoli
italo.vign...@gmail.com