I suspect the workarounds will include capturing all the needed keys,
reflashing the bios/uefi chip, and installing what you want.  It is a PITA,
but not insurmountable.  It will probably spur more open hardware, to the
detriment of those determined to lock down the system.

MS aside, uefi is a good idea.  This particular implementation is not.

On Oct 19, 2011 12:12 PM, "Ian Lynch" <ianrly...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 19 October 2011 16:59, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions <

webmas...@krackedpress.com> wrote:

> Please read the linked article. [below]
>
> If Microsoft get...
I should think that is illegal under competition law.

To me, if MS get away with forcing OEMs to make it so their systems cannot
> run Linux, then it is ...
We can buy new computers, just not those that come with Windows. Might even
be an advantage since there will be a niche market in supplying hardware
that is not restricted in that way.  I might start a new business :-)

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/**open-source/free-software-**

http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/>
http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/>

--