Hi guys,

        Please CC me on replies, since I'm not subscribed to the list, and
can't follow all lists in linear time [ as you do so curse reply-to:
mangling please ;-].

        And:

> Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 13:29:50 -0400
> From: drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
> To: Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
> Cc: marketing@global.libreoffice.org
> I suppose the thing to do now is just to finish the en page and to do
> that how about we look again at

        The donate page looks substantially better these days - which is
encouraging. I suggest we add the pretty piggy-bank logo on the download
page, at the bottom/right to point at this page too as/when we have
polished it up.

> but I suppose this is also a great moment to re-write that page a
> bit..it's seems a little sparse on actual copy that ASKS for a
> donation.

        Here would be my suggestions to compress it vertically and make it
somewhat richer:

> Back in a few hours with a draft then,

        Did the painting get the better of you - or should I be
subscribed ? :-)

        I think the current text is rather good.

        I'd sort the SPI link to the top though, and the flatr link below
paypal, and have some side-by-side divs with the huge Fries Office
address & bank details block on the right. Hopefully that'll get it into
a single page.

        I also think that something graphical would be really helpful here; a
single rotating image as on the front-page, with a caption of: "how we
spend your money" - with a selection of a pictures:

        Image / embedded caption:
        Munich Hack-Fest - hack fests to work on the code
        Paris / LibreOffice conf - conferences to co-ordinate and excite
        generic? server hardware - hardware to host infrastructure
        Italo at some conference - travel subsidy for speakers
        ODF plug-fest picture - standards work to enhance ODF

        Or somesuch ? if people agree, I can help put the images together and
make a mess of them to the point that someone clueful is provoked to do
it right ? :-)

        Wrt. the text, I'd move the "we prefer volunteers" rubric from the
bottom up, and say:

        "You are encouraged to send cash donations by one of these
         channels"

        or somesuch, with a bit more cosmetic text tweaking as we put it in
place. How does that sound ?

        HTH,

                Michael.

--