Hi,

Charles-H. Schulz wrote on 2013-10-01 11:41:

About the public repository, I created an account following the
instructions on our OwnCloud (the URL is here:
http://owncloud.documentfoundation.org but you need to get an account).

for uploading and editing files, you need indeed, but not for downloading. We may also give out a shared credential for all marketeers, but I'm not sure if that's ideal. :-)

I've created a shared marketing folder that's public, but I'm confused
as to what the actual public URL is:
https://owncloud.documentfoundation.org/public.php?service=files&t=e9d4de8bbcbe251d23e5d2a5472f87c3
(seems public but I have no way to come up with a simpler URL)

The above one sounds quite right. ownCloud per se doesn't provide nicer means of short URLs, sadly.

Ideally we ought to have something like
http://owncloud.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/index.php but at least
the second URL above is nice enough.

What I can setup is something like owncloud.documentfoundation.org/shared/ - however, as soon as you click on one individual folder, the URL becomes ugly again. :)

Florian