I finally had some time to upload the A4 and Letter size 2014 LibreOffice themed calendars to the Template Center. They are in two different "entries".

LibreOffice-2014-Calendar--a4-landscape--white-banner-green4-weekends--monday-first.odt
LibreOffice-2014-Calendar--letter-landscape--white-banner-green4-weekends--with-USA-Holidays.odt

Now I wait for approval.

These two calendars are also at:

https://owncloud.documentfoundation.org/Common/QA/Calendars#

I do want input and comments for these calendars. That is the only way I can make them better.

The A4 calendar has Monday as the first day of the week, while the Letter/USA one uses our standard Sunday as the first day of the week.

I used a white background LibreOffice banner found in the wiki pages.

I used LO green #4 for the weekend background shading.

The original template was a .doc file that needed a lot of editing to make it a LO themed calendar, plus the movement of all of the days "left" for the "Monday first" calendar. I increased the size of the printed calendar to maximize the size of the day/cells but due to a "quirk", I had to leave a wider bottom margin. If I enlarge the height of the day/cells any more [for the most part], it seems that Writer wants to place the last line of days onto the next page. Yes, as someone pointed out, I did not use "proper styles" options, but since I started with a .doc file, and I am not "good" at making/using styles, I did not do the larger amount of editing required to add a "proper" style to every cell that was either a weekday [white background], weekend day [LO green #4], or a blank cell [15% gray].

Yes, I would not have this problem if I used Calc, but the original template was a .doc file, so Writer it was.

Maybe, sometime in the future, I will create a Calc based 2015 calendar.

The reason I like Writer based calendars is the simple fact that when I export it to PDF I have the entire year in the file. I have not seen a way to do that with having 12 monthly sheets in Calc.