Hi,
Le 21/04/2020 à 22:11, William Gathoye (LibreOffice) a écrit :
> Writing this down in a persistent mailing list. Chat instances are volatile.
>
> On 20/04/2020 10:01, sophi wrote:
>
>> I couldn't find any discussion about opening the group there however.
>> When acting under LibreOffice name, whatever the cause, it would be good
>> to inform and discuss it with the community before...
>
> Like discussed on Telegram, when something is trending everywhere you
> need to act in quite an urgency. Seeing the LibreOffice team name being
> taken by someone not from the community would have been more annoying to
> recover afterwards.[1] The same applies basically with everything for
> which asking for agreement would take an eternity to resolve.[2] Time
> flies faster on social media than in real life.

You should *always* discuss with the community before opening *any*
service under the name of LibreOffice or TDF. When you engage the
responsibility of the whole project a second thought is *always* needed.
After, like Mastodon, it's too late and damages are done to the community.

> Stopping here because I could do other things more meaningful for the
> community instead of quibbling for basically no reason.

For no reason? do you think that engaging the project without notifying
the list for a second look is something that could be called quibbling?

> But I'm keeping your remark with great attention in my head. My huge
> number of mails with @libreoffice.org is indeed a problem I need to
> resolve fast. I'm receiving more of them than I can answer a day
> unfortunately. :(

And spending time to correct what you did wrong take also a lot of time,
so please consult the community before sending blogs or subscribing the
project to services. We could avoid a lot of work correcting the bad
effects afterwards.

Sophie
--
Sophie Gautier sophie.gaut...@documentfoundation.org