Hi,

On 31/05/2020 05:40, Joshua Coppersmith wrote:

> The problem is that the "Save..." "Save as..." paradigm is a poor one. MS
> Word can also be confusing here. Really there are 3 "saves" for most users:
> "Save for me (so, can edit)", "Save for others (can edit)", and "Save for
> others (can't edit)".

This is an interesting discussion: I've come across so many people who
always save in .doc/.docx format in LibreOffice, even when they're not
sharing files with MS Office users. They just believe it's the
"standard" and don't pay attention to (or even know about) ODF.

Then they complain that tiny things change or move between saves and
loads, and I have to explain that for working in LibreOffice, it's best
to use its native format, always, and only use .docx etc. when
absolutely necessary.

So I like that idea of "Save for others", or a similar variant. Maybe
something to raise with the design community...

Mike