I'll be glad to help!

-Christopher Dreher

On 2021-04-06 5:46 a.m., Mike Saunders wrote:
Hello,

Someone sent me this link:

https://freedomhouse.org/reports/publication-archives

It's an analysis of countries in the world and their levels of freedom,
based on political rights, civil liberties and other factors.

Check out the "Comparative and Historical Data" -- it's all provided in
Excel format. Maybe we can ask them to provide it in a more
freedom-friendly format like OpenDocument (.ods) too?

For this, and other cases where we want to highlight the importance of
ODF and open standards, we should have some short text, providing a
quick summary of why it's best to avoid vendor-specific formats.

So there's a small marketing task, if anyone wants to take it on --
draft some text summarising the importance of ODF, and why its important
for our individual freedoms and liberties! We could reuse some existing
text, eg from:

https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/what-is-opendocument/

(But just post any drafts here on the list please, so that we can
discuss ideas, and then I can chat with the producers of that data and
encourage them to also offer ODF.)