On 13/12/21 7:40 pm, Chris Whitworth wrote:

> My suggestion is that we try to build as large a community as we can,
> whilst recognising that the majority will not join us. It would help if we
> could buy new PC's that were not already loaded with the Microxrap
> operating system. I went to at least 6 dealers here and could not persuade
> any of them to sell me a blank system.

> They all said that if I deleted W10
> the warranty would be invalid.

We need to have local businesses which can sell laptops powered by free software. I use one prepared by a local vendor in India which can run exclusively on free software(yes, without nonfree firmware too). I wrote about it here https://ravidwivedi.in/posts/liberated-computer.html. We can also fund startups like Purism(by buying their devices) which sell hardware powered by free software.

> The dirty tricks brigade are alive and
> well!

yes, so raising awareness about the freedom part becomes important. I personally won't care if removing Windows from my laptop voids the warranty.

--
Ravi Dwivedi
https://ravidwivedi.in/