Hi everyone,

Check out the two boxes on the download page, for (currently) the LibreOffice 24.2 and 7.6 branches:

https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download-libreoffice/

We've heard from users on social media and at our info@ and download@ addresses that they're confused which version to choose, or believe the 24.2 branch isn't stable etc. Obviously both branches are stable (in the sense that they don't change radically, and only receive bug and security fixes -- no new features in the middle of the branch).

So let's look at updating the text for clarity! My initial suggestion:

Newer branch (currently 24.2): The very latest version, with lots of new features and improvements.

Older branch (currently 7.6): Our previous release, which we are still supporting. For business deployments, we strongly recommend getting long-term supported versions from our ecosystem.

What do you think? Bear in mind that we want to keep the text short and snappy here!

--
Mike Saunders, Marketing and Community Coordinator
The Document Foundation