On 11 December 2012 16:49, Ruth Suehle <rsue...@redhat.com> wrote:
> You are the best! Let's get a little content seeded before we publicize it of
> course. And I assume we want to redirect the URL to something friendlier.
> Suggestions? Magazine.fp.o, or a dedicated fedoramagazine.com?

It would be good to also take stuff from insight to it as it would
replace that system and we would be able to shut down the old site.

> Máirín Duffy <du...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> Nirik set up fedora-mag-ad...@fedoraproject.org for us and I used it to
> set up an OpenShift account. I discovered a few things:
>
> - It's dead simple to set up WordPress on OpenShift.
>
> - WordPress has a built-in update system that seems to work fine on
> OpenShift, so maintenance should not be too difficult.
>
> - I tested out the OpenID plugin for WordPress with my FAS account, and
> it works fine. We can limit account creations to only those with valid
> OpenIDs. Once someone logs in with an OpenID and creates an account, an
> admin can promote them to any role needed.
>
> So, it's looking good to run Fedora Magazine on OpenShift / Wordpress.
> Here's the running instance I have now:
>
> http://wp-fedoramag.rhcloud.com/
>
> ~m
>

> --

Stephen J Smoogen.
"Don't derail a useful feature for the 99% because you're not in it."
Linus Torvalds
recommend pleasant. You may quote me."  —James Stewart as Elwood P. Dowd