On 08/01/2014 03:13 PM, Ryan Lerch wrote:
Hi all,

Just wondering if we should consider a brief style guide for Fedora magazine?

One item to cover on this would definitely be how to capitalize the titles of our posts. Having this consistent is always a good thing.

For the capitialization of posts, my vote is for sentence case. This tends to be the most popular currently in online publications [1], [2]. and in my honest opinion, it is not as harsh and shouty as the alternative title case. Title case is also a lot harder to get consistent, as many people have different ideas of what to capitalise.

For example, the sentence case is simple, capitalize the first word, and any proper nouns: Fedora 21 will feature "Solarized" color schemes in both the Terminal and Gedit

and the title case (depending on who is writing it) could be:
Fedora 21 will Feature "Solarized" Color Schemes in Both The Terminal and Gedit
or
Fedora 21 Will Feature "Solarized" Color Schemes in Both The Terminal and Gedit

cheers,
ryanlerch

[1] - http://www.theverge.com/
[2] - http://lwn.net/

Fogot to add that i have also been not following my own personal sentence case rules lately in my rush to get posts out, but just went through and fixed them up.

cheers,
ryanlerch