On 11/11/2015 01:33 AM, Ryan Lerch wrote:
Looking good!

I did a little work to the opening paragraph to try to include a call to
action in the opening paragraph. Wanted to give the reader the call at
the top too just in case they don't read further. I left the call to
action you had at the bottom too -- doesnt hurt to have two :)

Also, added some start times (i guessed these, we will need to check
them) -- and found a plugin that also shows the time in the user's
timezone which seems pretty neat and useful :)

i'm not too worried about cover images on the Community blog, TBH, as we
have the whole posts in the stream rather than the cards like on the
magazine. But if you want a coverimage, i can whip one up.

Also, might need to mess with the blockquote style, as it seems the bg
color for them is the same as the post bodies, and it looks a little werid.

cheers,
ryanlerch

Thanks for the edits, definitely looking more polished now! That time localization plugin is neat - that will be a nice addition for CommBlog-specific things to help coordinate times for things like this. Matt should be able to confirm the times for us - he's still working on logging into the CommBlog.

For reference, the current times advertised in the post are:
- START: 2015 Nov 14, 13:00 UTC
- END: 2015 Nov 15, 1:00 UTC

That's what I was thinking in the big picture as well, featured images shouldn't be a blocker for CommBlog posts. I suppose this one will be fine since we have the badge image embedded in the post, so it does have an image in there.

Planning on getting that last section worked in the next few hours for sure so we can be on track for a publish time of 7:00 UTC Thursday.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory