On 05/23/2016 04:52 PM, computera...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi there,

I just read that Fedora Magazine is looking for contributors and I would like
to take up this opportunity to introduce myself.

I am Abhishek Prakash, a software developer with over 5 years of experience. I
use Linux as my main desktop at home. I mainly use Ubuntu but I keep on trying
new distros. I have used Fedora as well, so don't think of me as an outsider :)

If you want to assess my writing skills, you can read my articles at my blog
It's FOSS (http://itsfoss.com/).

As a desktop user, I'll mainly focus on desktop related articles, how-to, tips
and list articles.

I look forward to join the team.

Hello, Abhishek, and welcome aboard to the Magazine team! We're glad to have you here. If I'm thinking of the right website, I think you have a pretty popular site on your hands too already. Awesome to see another FOSS writer join forces. :)

As Sylvia mentioned in her reply, the best way to start is coming up with a topic you're interested and passionate in. A good "checklist" for getting started with writing for the Magazine can be found here.

    https://fedoramagazine.org/writing-an-article-for-the-fedora-magazine/

Your next step should be to log into the Magazine with your FAS account, and then you will be able to begin working on a pitch. A pitch is basically the quick summary about your idea and how you want to break up the article. You can see more info about writing a pitch here.

    https://fedoramagazine.org/writing-a-new-pitch/

Hope you find this info useful. Feel free to hop into the Magazine and get started writing a pitch whenever you have a chance. We're open to hearing any ideas you might have or seeing what you come up with! If you have any questions, feel free to ask or stop by our Magazine meeting (weekly on Thursdays, 21:00 UTC).

Once again, welcome aboard to the team!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory