On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Alexandro Colorado <j...@oooes.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:30 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

>> Let me
>> >>

>> > If you send me a zip of the page (and rescaled images) I can copy them
>> > into a test dir on the openoffice.org server.  That way we can see how
>> > it would look with the site template applied.
>> >

>> Here is the page, with the site template applied:
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/test/awardsVK/index.html
>>
>> It is certainly better organized than what we had before.    But I
>> think the first 3 rows should be outside of the table, as normal <h2>
>> and <p>.
>>
>> It looks like there was a character set conversion issue that killed
>> some apostrophe's in the text, but that will be easy to clean up.
>>
>> I wonder if it would be worth putting the date in its own column?
>>
>> What do others think?
>>

> I think we should remove the table, and apply the style used on the books
> URL.
>
> Something like this:
>
> <li class="ooo3x">
> 2012
> OpenOffice 3.4 Volume I: Writer
> (<a href="
> http://www.amazon.com/OpenOffice-3-4-Writer-Black-White/dp/1480224324/
> ">Amazon</a>)
> Christopher N. Cain and Riley W. Walker, Quantum Scientific Publishing,
> November 2012, ISBN 978-1480224322<br />
> The OpenOffice series provides step-by-step instructions on navigating
> basic, as well as advanced features within the Apache OpenOffice 3.4.
> </li>
>
> and CSS:
> .support li {
> background: #F5F7FA url('lightfade.gif') right repeat-y;
> margin-bottom: 5px;
> border-bottom: 1px solid #C0CBDB;
> padding-left: 20px;
> padding-bottom: 5px;
> border-left: 5px solid #C0CBDB;
> }
> .support li:hover {
> background: #E9EBEE url('darkfade.gif') right repeat-y;
> }

What would you do with the images?  That was the messy part of the
original http://www.openoffice.org/awards page.  Images of different
size and mixed left and right placement.  The images are the jewels in
the treasury.  But the book page doesn't need to deal with images.

If you have time to put together a simple prototype I'd love to see
what this would look like.

-Rob