> From: Rob Weir [mailto:robw...@apache.org]

> You can buy a copy of Microsoft Windows, but that does not
> mean you can use
> the logo on your website.

That is clear, but Microsoft is an interesting keyword regarding Licensing
issues.

Microsoft claims for himself as the right of the screenshots MS software may
only be used if they are used for illustration of an article does not attempt
to negatively portray the MS software. [*]

I think these or similar conditions should not be an option for free software,
so I'm unsure whether it may be unlawful to use the (unedited!) Part of a
screenshot of AOO on a website.

[*]
Sorry, I have no source at hand, but the whole thing is true for MS Office 2000
in the United States. We have discussed a few years ago in the OOo community
and it has remained in my mind.

Greetings,
Jörg