Dear MARMAM Readers,

SMM BIENNIAL WORKSHOP ANNOUNCEMENT: "SOCPROG and the analysis of animal social
structure using individual identifications"

When: Sunday, 11 December 2005, afternoon session
Where: Manchester Grand Hyatt, San Diego (conference venue)

others, to examine social structure, usually using data from
photo-identifications. However, analyzing social structure and using SOCPROG
are not straightforward. The workshop plans to provide guidance in these
matters, using onscreen real-time analyses of real data. Participants do not
need to have experience in using SOCPROG (although this will help).

There is the possibility that those with their own data sets who are registered
for the workshop may be able to arrange a brief meeting with Hal during his
free time while he?s at the conference to discuss their concerns and go over
their own analyses. Please email me if you would be interested in a separate
meeting with Hal. The length of time for these meetings will depend on the
number of people who are interested. We will update those who register on this
if we can arrange the time in Hal?s schedule.

Chair: Hal Whitehead
Organizer: Tonya Wimmer
E-mails: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Registration fee until October 31, 2005:   $45 US
Registration fee after October 31, 2005:   $55 US
Registration and cancellation deadline: November 15, 2005
Cancellations will be refunded by cheque only

Visit : http://whitelab.biology.dal.ca/SOCPROGworkshop.htm for workshop
information and details on how to register. If you have any problems with the
website or the registration form, please email us.

Please note that Tonya will be away from September 11-26th and will only have
limited access to her email. If you have any questions about registration,
please email us and we?ll get back to you as soon as we can. Also note that
if you send a cheque during this time, it will not be cashed until she returns.

We look forward to seeing you at the workshop.

Many thanks for your interest,
Tonya and Hal

Tonya Wimmer, MSc. Biology
NS Marine Animal Response Society