PHOTO-ID RESEARCH ASSISTANT REQUIRED

We are seeking a dedicated volunteer research assistant to help with common dolphin photo-id in association with the New Zealand Common Dolphin Project (Massey University, Auckland Campus)

For more information about the project please visit the following websites http://wildlife.massey.ac.nz/people/staff_ks.asp and http://cmrg.massey.ac.nz/main.htm

We require a self-motivated assistant to help with our ongoing research on common dolphins in the Hauraki Gulf, Auckland, New Zealand.  Primarily, we are seeking an assistant who is competent with photo-identification cataloguing.  Other duties, both land- and field-based, will be involved in the position although photo-id will remain the primary focus of this internship.

This position runs from 1 April 2006 and is a 2 month fixed-term placement.  Travel, accommodation and food remain the responsibility of the applicant although on site accommodation has been arranged and available at cost rate – details upon request.

To apply:

Please contact Karen Stockin by email at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with a copy of your CV detailing your background and relevant experience - Photo-id experience should be clearly highlighted in you application.

Closing date for applications: Friday 24th March 2006

Karen A Stockin

Coastal - Marine Research Group
Ecology, Zoology and Environmental Sciences

Institute of Natural Resources
Massey University
at Albany
Private Bag 102 904
North Shore MSC
New Zealand

Tel:   + 64 9 414 0800 Ext 41127

Fax:  + 64 9 443 9774

Cell:  + 64 21 146 5511

Email:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://cmrg.massey.ac.nz

http://wildlife.massey.ac.nz/people/staff_ks.asp

The New Zealand Common Dolphin Project is proudly

affiliated with the Biscay Dolphin Research Programme

http://www.biscay-dolphin.org.uk