Dear colleagues,

we would like to inform you that we have recently published the following report dealing with the proposal for an integrated MPA off La Gomera (Canary Islands):

*Model for a Marine Protected Area for sustainable Whale Watching off La Gomera (Canary Islands).
A report by MEER e.V., Berlin. 37 pp.*

This report has been produced on the basis of almost 15 years of cetacean research.

A framework for a marine protected area in the waters of La Gomera is laid out. Furthermore the report justifies - on the ground of what is known about the biology and ecology of the cetaceans in the area - why an integrated concept for marine conservation is needed and how it should look like.

The report thus covers various management aspects including the ecosystem approach, regulation of user groups, local involvement, public education, development of sustainable whale watching, monitoring and financing.

This report is a milestone of our research based on data collection on whale watching vessels of La Gomera, and we think it is a good example how such long-term research can inform management.

Please follow this link to download the full report. Please note that there is also a *full Spanish version* available.
http://m-e-e-r.de/index.php?id=166&L=2

With best greetings,
Fabian

--

Fabian Ritter
-President-

M.E.E.R. e.V.
Bundesallee 123
D-12161 Berlin

T/F: (0)30-644 97 230
e-Mail: rit...@m-e-e-r.de

www.m-e-e-r.org

---
The dolphins were having a great relaxed time
and there were no major answers they wished
to know the questions to...
(After Douglas Adams)

___
M.E.E.R. ist eingetragen im Vereinsregister Berlin.
Steuer-Nr. (German tax ID): 27/672/54225
M.E.E.R. is a registered charity.