Dear colleagues,
The Seal
Rehabilitation and Research Center has an exciting opportunity for a Veterinary
Intern to work in our Seal Care/Veterinary Department. This position is
scheduled to start in March 2014 and will last for one year. This position
requires a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree and previous marine mammal or
wildlife experience is a plus. The SRRC Veterinary Department includes two
veterinarians and we are looking for a highly motivated, dynamic candidate who
will work closely in a team setting with staff and volunteers to assist with
all aspects of veterinary care and husbandry of sick and injured seals. Other
responsibilities include but are not limited to: Daily care of animals,
transport of live/dead marine animals, maintenance of daily food and medical
records, post-mortem examinations, sample-taking for various research projects,
record-keeping, and computer entry of data. Additional duties and projects may
be assigned by staff.

This
position is unpaid and the intern is required to find its own transportation,
we provide housing and meals. The intern should expect to be scheduled to cover
a variety of shifts including  weekday,
nights, weekends and holidays. The ideal candidate should be mature and
motivated, and possess a strong work ethic and excellent observational and
communication skills (a fluent English level is required).

The deadline
for applications is January 15th, 2014.
Interested applicants should submit an intention letter and two
recommendation letters. Applications and questions can be submitted to
a...@zeehondencreche.nl, Ana Rubio García, head
of the Veterinary Department. For more information about the SRRC visit
www.zeehondencreche.nl.

All the best,

Ana Rubio García
Head of the Veterinary Department

Zeehondencrèche Lenie 't Hart
Seal Rehabilitation and Research Centre SRRC

Hoofdstraat 94a

9968 AG  Pieterburen

The Netherlands
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6 12 981154