Dear all,

We would like to repost the Wikipedia Workshop being offered at the SMM
conference in San Francisco.

The Society is sponsoring the workshop so that it can be offered at the
accessible price of only $20.

The workshop offered in conjunction with The Wiki Education Foundation will
build skills in using Wikipedia itself, but also techniques and tools available
for using Wikipedia in teaching, outreach, and science communication.

The workshop will also focus on using these new skills to advance current
content on Wikipedia about marine mammals; and get attendees involved in the
Society's Wikisprints which run biannually to update public content about the
species we study and the conservation issues relating to them.

No publication in any journal will have the same daily impact in advancing
public understanding as a well cited Wikipedia article which are accessed
thousands of times a day. If you want your research to reach a wider audience,
Wikipedia is a great way to do so.

Why not come learn how?

Sign up here:
https://www.marinemammalscience.org/conference/workshops/#wikipedia