Dear all,

 the 30th Annual Conference of the European Cetacean Society on the
 beautiful island of Madeira is approaching and so is our educational
 workshop. This workshop will take place in the premises of the Madeira
 Whale Musuem.

For more in detail information refer to the information below or visit the ECS homepage and the workshop section.

*Sunday, 13th March (full day)*, contact Luigi Bundone (luigi.bund...@unive.it <mailto:luigi.bund...@unive.it>)

*Participation fee  €25*

This workshop is organised by the NGO M.E.E.R, Berlin, Germany (www.m-e-e-r.org <http://www.m-e-e-r.org/>), Archipelagos, Ambiente e Sviluppo Italia, Dolphin Watch Alliance and the Madeira Whale Museum.

The workshop will take place at the* Madeira Whale Museum* with a presentation and guided tour by the museums' staff. There will be a transport organized for the workshop participants from the conference venue in Funchal to the museum in Canical (approx. 30 minutes one way) which is included in the workshop fee of 25 Euros.

For any questions regarding registration and details referring to the programme - which will be send to you on request - please mail to: Luigi Bundone (luigi.bund...@unive.it <mailto:luigi.bund...@unive.it>). You may also download the workshop programme*from the ECS webpage: *http://europeancetaceansociety.eu/conference/workshops-0#4th workshop on Communicating marine mammal science to the general public4th workshop on Communicating marine mammal science to the general public* * <http://europeancetaceansociety.eu/sites/default/files/ECS2016%20_workshop%2011%20-%20Communicating%20marine%20mammal%20science_education_Programme.pdf>

*
Aims:*

. share information about sources related to education,

. exchange ideas and knowledge in new science teaching tools,

. exchange experience in addressing the media,

. foster general networking with all stakeholders,

. exchange about the outreach of education and

. support ECS to address educational questions.

*Summary:*After the workshops in Setubal, 2013, Liège in 2014 and on Malta 2015 we want to continue to share educational and outreaching experiences of communicating marine mammal science to schools and to the general public. These experiences can be educational programs that support school curricula, pedagogical outreach materials such as books, videos, kits, activities and exhibitions. As in recent years we will focus on the theme of the conference: "Into the Deep: Research and Conservation on Oceanic Marine Mammals". For an introductionary round during the workshop we would kindly ask all the participants -- if applicable - to prepare 1-2 powerpoint slides showing their involvement in education and present it to the workshop participants during a max. of 2-3 minutes.

At the end of the introductionary round we will run a short brainstorming session where the participants have the opportunity to give some input on what they want to get out of the workshop. The workshop is open to researchers, educators, science teachers, students and to the media and will allow a maximum of 25 participants.

Volker Smit

2.Vorsitzender - vice-president

M.E.E.R. e.V.
Office