Hello Northwest Marine Mammalogy Students!

The deadline is approaching for abstract submission,* Friday April 22nd*.
Registration will be accepted up to the day of the meeting. Register and
submit your abstract at: http://bit.ly/20Mn9EB. Registration is FREE, and
will include breakfast, snacks, and lunch on Saturday May 21st.

*Meeting information:*
The 20th Annual Meeting of the Northwest Student Chapter of the Society
for Marine Mammalogy (NWSSMM) will take place at the University of
Washington (UW) in Seattle on May 21-22, 2016! The conference will be held
at the School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences (located here
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/1122+NE+Boat+St,+Seattle,+WA+98105/@47.6530804,-122.31865,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x549014f1ea004e3b:0xa828fe6e8058f7d5>
).

The purpose of the annual meeting is to cultivate community among students
studying marine mammals by creating a relaxed atmosphere to share research
ideas, tribulations, and triumphs. It is an opportunity to meet
other students across the region, collaborate, and generally have a good
time in a supportive and informal setting.

*Schedule:*
Saturday May 21st will involve a full day of student oral and poster
presentations, followed by a group dinner. On Sunday May 22nd we will be
offering a FREE behind the scenes tour of the marine mammal collection at
the Burke Museum <http://www.burkemuseum.org/> on the UW campus.

Follow along on the Facebook event page
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1716450525237777/>.

Limited housing with student hosts will be available on a first-come
first-serve basis. Please indicate on your registration form if you would
like to be considered for accommodations and contact us if you have any
questions. Even if you are not presenting, we suggest registering by this
Friday - housing requests will be accepted until Friday *April 22nd*.

We look forward to seeing you in Seattle!

Erica Escajeda (escaj...@uw.edu) and Jessie Hale (jr...@uw.edu)

NWSSMM 20th Annual Meeting Student Organizers