Dear colleagues,

As previous years we are pleased to announce:

VETERINARY DEPARTMENT INTERNSHIP – SEALCENTRE PIETERBUREN

The Sealcentre Pieterburen, The Netherlands, has an exciting opportunity
for a Veterinary Intern to work in our Veterinary and Seal Care
Departments. This position is scheduled to start in October 2016 and lasts
one year. This position requires a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree,
and previous marine mammal or wildlife experience is a plus. The
Sealcentre’s Veterinary Department includes two veterinarians and two
veterinary interns. We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic
candidate who will join our team and will work closely in a team setting
with staff and volunteers to assist with all aspects of veterinary care and
husbandry of sick and injured seals. Other responsibilities include but are
not limited to: daily care of animals, transport of live/dead marine
animals, maintenance of daily nutritional and medical records, sampling for
various research projects, and  data entry. Additional duties and projects
may be assigned by staff.

This position is unpaid. The intern is required to find its own
transportation to Pieterburen. We provide housing (gas, electricity, water
and internet included), meals and health insurance. The intern should
expect to be scheduled to cover a variety of shifts including weekdays,
nights, weekends and holidays. The ideal candidate should be mature and
motivated, and possess a strong work ethic and excellent observational and
communication skills (a fluent English level is required).

The deadline for applications is August 15th, 2016. Interested applicants
should submit a copy of the CV, an intention letter and two recommendation
letters. Note that the application materials should be in English.
Applications and questions should be submitted to
v...@zeehondencentrum.nl indicating
in the subject VETERINARY INTERN 2016.

For more information about the Sealcentre Pieterburen  visit
www.zeehondencentrum.nl

Kind regards,

*Ana Rubio García*
*Head of the Veterinary & Research Department*
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6 12 981154
Email: ana.rubiogar...@zeehondencentrum.nl <guille...@zeehondencreche.nl>

Zeehondencentrum Pieterburen. Healthy sea, happy seal.

Hoofdstraat 94a

9968 AG Pieterburen

T +31 (0)595 526 526

E: i...@zeehondencentrum.nl

I: www.zeehondencentrum.nl

[image: cid:image004.jpg@01D1D2D4.6A844C90]

P Please consider the environment. Think before printing.