Dear Marmamers,

We are excited to announce that the 2019 World Whale Conference (7-9
October) and Whale Heritage Sites Summit (10-11 October) will take place in
Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia. The event will be hosted by Fraser Coast
Tourism and Events
<https://www.whalesherveybay.com.au/World-Whale-Conference-2019> and the World
Cetacean Alliance <http://worldcetaceanalliance.org/>. Learn more here
<https://www.whalesherveybay.com.au/World-Whale-Conference-2019>.

In the lead up to the first World Whale Conference ever to be held in
Oceania, the World Cetacean Alliance is contacting people working with and
interested in cetaceans across Oceania and beyond to ask for your views on
how the conference can be most useful to you!

TAKE THE SURVEY

Please help us make this a conference that you really would benefit from
attending by completing our short questionnaire:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/whaleconferenceideas

*WHAT'S HAPPENING?*

The theme of the Conference and Summit is 'Journeys that Inspire Change.'
Topics will include:

1.    Understanding whale migrations and their significance for marine
conservation;

2.    Promoting sustainable whale and dolphin tourism for tourists and
local communities;

3.    Exploring our cultural and artistic connections with migrating whales;

4.    Maximising the power of cetaceans to inspire positive human behaviour
change to protect our oceans.

Delegates will hear from speakers, and discuss and share evidence, to
better understand how we can improve and ensure the protection of cetaceans
in Oceania and worldwide. In addition, delegates will participate in themed
workshops and share ideas and best practice on the work already underway to
protect cetaceans through the WCA partnership and beyond, focusing on
tourism, cultural heritage, research, and marine conservation.

*WHALE HERITAGE SITES SUMMIT AND AWARDS!*

The Whale Heritage Sites Summit (10-11 October) will showcase destinations,
businesses, charities, events, and communities leading the way in marine
conservation, community engagement, and sustainable development. Awards
will be given to world-leading initiatives in front of representatives from
tourist destinations, international institutions and the private sector,
along with global experts in tourism, sustainability, the arts, marine
conservation, scientific research and commercial whale watching. Delegates
will then discuss and explore opportunities for the development and
promotion of new sites, and networks of sites, worldwide.

WHAT IS WCA?

The World Cetacean Alliance (WCA) is a Partnership of over 100
organisations and individuals in 40 countries worldwide working
collaboratively to protect cetaceans and their habitats.

AND FINALLY...

We welcome your thoughts and feedback,  and hope to see you in Hervey Bay
in 2019!

With best wishes,

*Dylan Walker*Chief Executive Officer

*World Cetacean Alliance*
Studio 3, Lower Promenade
Madeira Drive, Brighton, BN2 1ET, UK.
t: +44 (0) 1273 355011
c: +44 (0) 7900 471490
e: dy...@worldcetaceanalliance.org <sophie.le...@worldcetaceanalliance.org>

[image: http://worldcetaceanalliance.org/get-involved/become-a-partner/]
<http://worldcetaceanalliance.org/get-involved/become-a-partner/>

The World Cetacean Alliance (WCA) is a Partnership of over 100
organisations and individuals in 40 countries worldwide working
collaboratively to protect cetaceans and their habitats. World Cetacean
Alliance, the Secretariat to the Partnership, is a UK registered Charity
no. 1160484.

The content of this e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this communication
in error, be aware that forwarding it, copying it, or in any way disclosing
its content to any other person, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the author by replying
to this e-mail immediately.

Please consider the environment before printing this email or it's
attachments.