Dear ANZSCSMM members,

We are delighted to announce the fourth ANZ Student Chapter Meeting of the
Society of Marine Mammalogy. The conference will take place from *November
28th – 30th, 2018*, at *Griffith University (Brisbane, QLD)*. The first day
will consist of a free half-day R workshop, which will be suitable for all
levels of R users and will provide a chance to ask questions specific to
participants’ own data. This will be followed by two days of guest
speakers, student presentations, and networking opportunities.

Our last conference was a great success and students thoroughly enjoyed the
opportunity to share their research, improve their presentation skills, and
to network with fellow peers and professionals in the marine mammal field.

We would like to invite all university students (undergraduates to
postdocs) from Australia, New Zealand, the South Pacific, and Southeast
Asia to join us in Queensland, and encourage attendees to give an oral
presentation (15min) or to present a poster about their current work on
marine mammals.

To facilitate logistical planning and the allocation of funds for the
event, we request all students wanting to participate to express their
interest by:

- Sending an e-mail to anzsc...@gmail.com with the subject “ANZSCSMM
Meeting”, your name, affiliation, the state/country you’ll be travelling
from, and any dietary requirements;

- Or, if you haven’t already done so, by completing the membership form on
the chapter's website (ANZSCSMM
<http://www.marinemammalscience.org/for-students/chapters/australianew-zealand-smm-student-chapter/>)
and
returning it with the information requested above (NOTE: membership to the
chapter is free!).

Participants wishing to present must also *submit an abstract* (max. 300
words) *by October 31st, 2018*.  Please return them to the aforementioned
email address. Presenters from outside of Brisbane will be eligible
for a *travel
grant* but must indicate their desire to be considered when submitting
their abstract.

Participation in the meeting is free for all ANZSCSMM members. All meals
will be covered for the meeting and further funds are being sought for the
provision of accommodation for all attendees from outside of Brisbane.
Additional details will be available shortly.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

Looking forward to meeting you all,

*ANZ Student Chapter Heads*

*Kate Indeck and Dana Cusano*

The Cetacean Ecology and Acoustics Laboratory, University of Queensland

*Jasmin Gross *Southern Ocean Persistent Organic Pollutants Program,
Griffith University